Thursday, February 23, 2012

Going the distance, 1.5 miles at a time

Short and sweet, that's the motto for tonight.  :)

We are basically two weeks into The Challenge...hard to believe at times, it's just flown by!  We're one short week away from our first check in, measurements, pictures, the whole lot.  I'm really anxious to see what progress I've made. 

For those that know me and have spent much time around me have probably heard the words "I hate running" come out of my mouth, at least 27 times.  For those that don't know me...I hate running.  Something about it has always been immensely challenging for me, I've always found it boring and as such, easy to look elsewhere for cardio. 

I can run around for hours playing frisbee or down the side of a mountain, but on a treadmill or on the road I lose interest in a matter of minutes.  That said, you can imagine my heartbreak when our training consultant gave us a 1.5 mile warm up before every workout with a targeted completion time between 9 and 11 minutes.  This is a challenge however and that's exactly what I signed up for.  Tonight I hit my best time of 11:05...soooo close!  I assure you, the next time I step on that damned treadmill, I'll break that 11 minute mark...and if I don't I just won't blog until I do.  ;)

One last note before I close this puppy down for the night.  I've found the prime recipe for my meal shakes.  2 scoops chocolate shake, a few ounces of soy milk, a handful of blueberries, and 4-5 ice cubes.  Blend for a minute or so and the result is a fantastically delicious meal replacement ice cream/pudding.  Honestly...soo good that I'd order it for dessert at a restaurant.  For those also using Isagenix, I strongly suggest you give it a try. 

That's it for tonight...stay tuned and good night.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. This shake recipe is heavenly! It's one of those few things in the world that are too good and are also true!

    ReplyDelete